Multi And Biracial SUNSHINE PEOPLE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Biracial And Multiracial People Arts Business History News And More.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Meghan Markle's co-star Simon Rex reveals he was offered money to lie about relationship with the Duchess

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

SweetKiss

SweetKiss

Meghan Markle's co-star Simon Rex reveals he was offered money to lie about relationship with the Duchess 40625210
Meghan Markle's co-star Simon Rex reveals he was offered money to lie about relationship with the Duchess.

Simon Rex - who starred alongside Meghan Markle in 2005 series Cuts, has made a big revelation about an offer presented to him by unnamed British tabloids to lie about his relationship with the Duchess.

The Duchess of Sussex once wrote the actor a personal thank you letter after he refused a request from tabloids to lie about their relationship, Rex told The Guardian.

Several tabloids offered Rex thousands of dollars to lie about his relationship with the former Suits star, an offer that he said he declined despite being “broke as ***” at the time.

"I was broke as ***! I really needed the money. But I’ll be on food stamps before I do that," the actor told the outlet of the alleged $70,000 offer to say he’d had a sexual relationship with the duchess.

"I said no to a lot of money because I didn’t feel like ***king up the royal family."

In gratitude for turning down the offer, Rex said that Meghan sent him a thank you letter, which he has framed in his home in Joshua Tree, California.

“She said: ‘It’s nice to know there are still good people,’” the actor said. In a tweet written after the interview was published, Rex said the story was “true” and that the duchess “has very nice penmanship”.

Rex said that he and the former Suits star “hung out one time,” during which they had gone for lunch, and that "that was the extent of it".

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum